Govenor Ron DeSantis Announce Federal Resource Requests to Help Combat COVID-19
TALLAHASSEE — Today, the Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that at the Governor’s direction, FDEM Director Jared Moskowitz is ordering additional supplies and personal protective equipment in an effort to mitigate and contain the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
After conducting a thorough assessment of needs, Director Moskowitz has requested the following supplies through Direct Federal Assistance:
- 5 mobile intensive care units
- 5,000 ventilators
- 5,000 hospital beds
- 50,000 two oz. bottles of hand sanitizer
- 250,000 coveralls
- 500,000 gloves
- 500,000 gowns
- 500,000 collection kits
- 100,000 16 oz. bottles of hand sanitizers
- 150,000 Personal Protective Equipment kits, including coveralls, gowns, and goggles
- 2 million N95 face masks
Three field hospitals are being deployed:
- One field hospital is currently staged in Orlando and can be deployed to other areas in the state as needed.
- One field hospital is on its way to Broward County and will be set up there.
- One field hospital is on its way to Ocala and will be staged there and deployed to other areas as needed.